Deepen your knowledge
Lead in the review, planning, and implementation of holistic curriculum. Foster a culture of collaboration, continuous learning and professionalism among teachers and lead them in strategic partnerships with stakeholders.
Strengthen leadership skills
Learn to manage centre operations, including Human Resource Management matters, industry regulations and crisis management, and attain skills for Curriculum Leadership in an Early Childhood Setting.
Take 1-year leadership practicums, which focus on action research to solve daily challenges or come up with innovative ideas to solve problems.
Note: This course will be conducted via online learning, except for selected modules that will be more effective conducted face-to-face. This is subject to prevailing COVID-19 measures implemented by the government. Students will be notified at least 2 weeks prior to the commencement of modules that are conducted face-to-face.
Skills-Based Modular Courses (SBMC) and Professional Development Programme (PDP)
Modules in PDC 1 of this course are offered as Skills-Based Modular Courses (SBMC). Applicants under the Professional Development Programme for Teachers [PDP(T)] may also apply for these modular courses. Learn more here.
What You Will Learn
Click here for a complete list of modules that will be covered in the course.
Option A: ADECL Full Qualification
- Have completed an ECDA-recognised diploma in early childhood care and education.
- Be an ECDA-certified Level 2 preschool teacher.
- Have met the competency level for Senior Preschool Teacher (with reference to the Skills Map).
- Have completed the pre-requisite core course(s)** as identified by ECDA and offered by NIEC.
- Entry to ADECL Full Qualification is by nomination through ECDA only. Click here to find out more about the ADECL nomination process.
Option B: Modularised Structure
- ECDA certified L2 preschool teacher who have completed an ECDA-recognised diploma in early childhood care and education; with at least 3 years of trained teaching experience.
- Candidates are to produce PDC 1 Certificate and/or Statement of Results prior to progression to PDC 2 (subject to meeting the full eligibility criteria).
- Entry to ADECL PDC 2 and 3 is by nomination through ECDA only. Click here to find out more about the ADECL nomination process.
Priority will be given to applicants who have been nominated by their centres and successfully approved by ECDA.
**Pre-requisites for Option A
With effect from Jun 2021, the pre-requisites to the Advanced Diploma in Early Childhood Leadership (ADECL) will be replaced by these new courses:
- Mentoring 101: Bringing Out the Best in EC Educators (Mentoring 101).
- Mentoring 201: Bringing Out the Best in EC Educators (Mentoring 201).
Note: Applicants must complete Mentoring 101 before progressing to Mentoring 201.
The previous pre-requisite for ADECL, Mentoring for Professional Growth, will no longer be available after Jun 2021.
To be eligible for ADECL nomination for…
Applicants need to complete…
Oct 2022 intake
Upon completion of three PDCs within the 3-year validity period, graduates will be conferred the ADECL by NIEC, and qualify for leadership appointments at early childhood development centres.
S$64.20 (inclusive of 7% GST)
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
- For applicants applying for Option B: Modularised Structure, please click "Register your interest" above to be notified when applications are open.
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- Priority will be given to company-sponsored applicants.
- Limited seats are available and applicants will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Applicants will be given priority for the next intake if seats are all taken up.
Before You Apply
Documents to prepare (in soft copy):
- Early childhood qualification certificate and transcripts
- ECDA LON letter
- Preschool employment letter
- Recent payslip
- Mentoring for Success OR Mentoring for Professional Growth OR Mentoring 201 certificate
- Passport-sized photograph
- If you are under company sponsorship by a preschool employer:
- Company Sponsorship Declaration Form (to be completed by you and your employer, and submitted as part of your admission documents)
Have questions? Talk to us!
(Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm)
Ms Oh Ling Shan
Phone: 6887 9505