Acquire specialised skills
Gain proficiency in administering screening tools and learn how to support children with mild developmental needs as a Learning Support Educator.
Advance your career
For preschool teachers who have been practising for at least 2 years and wish to be a fully trained Learning Support Educator.
Be awarded with 2 Post-Diploma Certificates in the Foundations of Learning Support in Pre-schools and in Learning Support Practice.
Note: This course will be conducted via online learning until further notice.
The 260-hour Specialist Diploma in Early Childhood Learning Support (SDELS) comprises two Post-diploma Certificates (PDCs). A Certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of each PDC.
PDC 1: 3.5 months/90 hours
To be eligible for application for Post-Diploma Certificate in the Foundations of Learning Support in preschools (PDC 1) only, candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- Have completed a DECCE-T and
- Have been practising for at least two years as an early childhood educator
- Alternative pathway into course – practitioners with DISE / ADESN
PDC 2: 7.5 months/170 hours
Skills-Based Modular Courses (SBMC) and Professional Development Programme (PDP)
Modules in this course are offered as Skills-Based Modular Courses (SBMC). Applicants under the Professional Development Programme for Teachers [PDP(T)] may also apply for these modular courses. Learn more here.
SkillsFuture Study Award for Early Childhood Sector
For Singapore Citizens with at least 3 years of work experience in the early childhood sector, you may wish to consider applying for the SkillsFuture Study Award for Early Childhood Sector. Awarded recipients will receive a bond-free cash award of $5000 which can be used to defray out-of-pocket expenses associated with the course that you are embarking on. For more information on the award and its eligibility criteria, please click here. For enquiries, please contact ECDA_PP@ecda.gov.sg.
What You Will Learn
Click here for a complete list of modules that will be covered in the course.
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education - Teaching (DECCE-T) or acceptable equivalent; AND
- Have a minimum of 2 years of trained teaching experience; AND
- Have been hired as a Learning Support Educator (LSEd) for the Learning Support Programme (Not applicable for applicants applying for modules via SBMC).
Upon successful completion of the 2 PDCs within the 2-year validity period, graduates will be conferred the SDELS by NIEC and will be fully trained as Learning Support Educators.
S$64.20 (inclusive of 7% GST)
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
PDC 1: 3 days per week: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
PDC 2: 2 days per week: 2pm - 6pm
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- There are 4 lessons under PDC 1, which will be conducted in the morning from 9am to 12pm.
Before You Apply
Securing a practicum centre
The practicum module is an important and crucial component of your practice-oriented learning for course completion. Applicants must have successfully secured a practicum centre at an early childhood development centre at the point of application.
- Company-sponsored applicants: Your practicum centre can be the preschool you are currently working at.
- Self-sponsored applicants: Click here for a list of early childhood development centres. Please contact the centres directly to apply.
Please note that practicum for this course will begin approximately 3 months from the course commencement date.
Documents to prepare
- Image of your NRIC (front and back)
- Highest formal education qualifications (Certificates and transcripts)
- Recent digital photo with a white background
- Employment Letter (if you are currently working with a preschool centre)
- Sponsorship Letter (if you are currently under company-sponsorship with a preschool employer)
- Past employment letters to prove a minimum of 2 years of trained teaching experience
Have questions? Talk to us!
(Mon - Fri, 9am - 5.30pm)
Ms Jolene Teo
Phone: 6904 2623