Acquire knowledge and skills
Learn how to plan and implement activities in kindergartens and childcare centres, assist children in their daily activities and manage their safety, health and nutrition.
Put theory to practice
Participate in 3 practicums totalling 240 hours in an ECDA-registered early childhood development centre.
Learn relevant approaches
Learn the approaches to early childhood education that will help you provide an interactive and developmentally appropriate learning environment for children.
Note: This course will be conducted via online learning until further notice.
What You Will Learn
Click here for a complete list of modules that will be covered in the course.
- 3 GCE O-level credits including English (EL1) or other English Language Acceptable Alternatives (ELAA), e.g. a minimum band 5.5 in IELTS (Academic)
- Completed 10 years of formal education and passed state exam with credits in 3 different subjects including English (as First Language) or other ELAA, e.g. a minimum band 5.5 in IELTS (Academic)
For applicants who have obtained a Certificate in Infant/Toddler Care (CITC) and have been employed in a childcare centre before October 2011:
- Completed the Early Years Development Framework course; AND
- Completed Secondary 4 education; AND
- Obtained an average score of SOA 5 in the WPL series; AND
- Obtained a score of SOA 4 in the WPN series with a score of SOA 5 (Writing) in the WPL series or an O-level credit in EL1 or an IELTS 5.5 (Academic)
The Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education is awarded by the National Institute of Early Childhood Development. Upon successful completion of the course, graduates will be eligible for L1 certification by ECDA and will be qualified to teach pre-nursery and nursery children from 18 months to 4 years old or assist in K1 and K2 Levels.
*Individuals with a minimum GPA of 3.50 for ACECCE and 3 GCE O-level credits (including EL1 or ELAA) may apply for the Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education - Teaching (DECCE-T).
S$64.20 (inclusive of 7% GST)
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
Mon - Fri:
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- Priority will be given to company-sponsored applicants.
Before You Apply
1. Securing a practicum centre
The practicum module is an important and crucial component of your practice-oriented learning for course completion. Applicants must have successfully secured a practicum centre at an early childhood development centre at the point of application.
Company-sponsored applicants: Your practicum centre can be the preschool you are currently working at.
Self-sponsored applicants: Click here for a list of early childhood development centres. Please contact the centres directly to apply.
Please note that practicum for this course will begin about 5 months from the course commencement date.
2. Prepare the following documents:
Image of your NRIC (front and back)
Highest formal academic qualifications (Certificates and transcripts)
Recent digital photo with a white background
- If you are currently working in a preschool:
- Employment Letter
- If you are under company sponsorship by a preschool employer:
- Sponsorship Letter
Early childhood educators have a responsibility to maintain the highest standards of professionalism in their work while acting in the best interests and well-being of children and their families. You will play a key role in caring for the little ones, inspiring their learning and helping them grow.
Have questions? Talk to us!
(Mon - Fri, 9am - 5.30pm)
Ms Kwang Qinying
Phone: 6904 1865