Immerse in Culture
Enhance your knowledge about Malay culture and heritage and learn how to integrate ethnic music, dance and drama into your lessons for young children.
Share, Learn and Apply
Exchange and share knowledge with fellow language teachers. Develop spoken language skills, and acquire theoretical and practical knowledge for Malay language teaching in a classroom setting.
Learn to use the Nurturing Early Learners (NEL) Framework for Mother Tongue Languages effectively for developing children's language literacy.
Note: This course will be conducted online until further notice.
What You Will Learn
Click here for a complete list of modules that will be covered in the course.
Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education - Teaching (DECCE-T) or acceptable equivalent and minimum B4 grade in GCE O-level Malay and C6 grade in GCE O-level English (EL1);
Advanced Certificate in Early Childhood Care & Education (ACECCE), with minimum GPA 3.5, and 3 GCE O-level credits, including minimum B4 grade in GCE O-level Malay and C6 grade in GCE O-Level English (EL1) and one year of work experience;
Higher Nitec in Early Childhood Education, with minimum GPA 3.0, minimum B4 grade in GCE O-level Malay and C6 grade in GCE O-level English (EL1) and one year of work experience.
Upon successful completion of the course, in-service L2 teachers with a B4 grade and above in GCE O-Level for Malay Language can be deployed as Malay Language teachers to teach pre-nursery to K2 children.
In-service L1 teachers can teach the Malay Language for N1 to K2 children, using existing lesson plans.
S$64.20 (inclusive of 7% GST)
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
6 months/ 195 hours
2 weekdays: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
To be available
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- Priority will be given to company-sponsored applicants.
Before You Apply
1. Securing a practicum centre
The practicum module is an important and crucial component of your practice-oriented learning for course completion. Applicants must have successfully secured a practicum centre at an early childhood development centre at the point of application.
- Company-sponsored applicants: Your practicum centre can be the preschool you are currently working at.
- Self-sponsored applicants: Click here for a list of early childhood development centres. Please contact the centres directly to apply.
Please note that practicum for this course will begin approximately 4 months from the course commencement date.
2. Prepare the following documents:
Image of your NRIC (front and back)
Highest early childhood qualifications (Certificate)
Recent digital photo with a white background
- If you are currently working in a preschool:
- Employment Letter
- If you are under company sponsorship by a preschool employer:
- Company Sponsorship Declaration Form (to be completed by you and your employer, and submitted as part of your admission documents)
Have questions? Talk to us!
(Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm)
Ms Jolene Teo
Phone: 6904 2623