This course is for ECDA-certified L2 teachers who have completed the Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education-Teaching (DECCE-T) or its equivalence, and wish to be certified to work with infants aged 2 months to 18 months.
Acquire practical knowledge
Be equipped to apply prior learning of contemporary theories, research and strategies for the optimal growth, development and learning of infants.
Deepen your understanding
Revisit the planning for infant experiences and explore how you can take a lead role in providing support for the work in the infant care environment.
Learn how you can support the well-being and holistic development of infants aged 2 months to 18 months through experiential and work-based learning, coupled with on-site supervision.
Note: Part of this course will be conducted via online learning until further notice.
What You Will Learn
Click here for a complete list of modules that will be covered in the course.
- Successfully completed one of the following qualifications:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education-Teaching (DECCE-T); or
- Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education- Teaching (Conversion) [DECCE-T (Conversion)]; or
- The Diploma in Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE); or
- WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching (PDECCE-T); or
- WSQ Professional Diploma in Early Childhood Care and Education – Teaching (Conversion) [PDECCE-T (Conversion)].
- Be an ECDA-certified L2 preschool teacher; and
- Have been employed in an Early Childhood Development Centre (ECDC).
Existing Preschool Teachers:
If you are an ECDA-certified L1/L2 preschool teacher with other qualifications, you may apply for the Advanced Certificate in Early Years (with Exemptions) [ACEY (with Exemptions)], subject to entry requirements.
If you are looking for a career switch and have other non-early childhood qualifications, you may consider the Advanced Certificate in Early Years.
Upon successful completion of the course, graduates will be conferred the Certificate in Infant Care Practice (CICP) by NIEC. L2 teachers will be eligible for certification as EY2 educators by ECDA. They will be qualified to care for infants, playgroups & pre-nursery groups, and children from 2 months to 3 years of age.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
2 months/120 hours
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- Priority will be given to company-sponsored applicants.
Before You Apply
1. Securing a practicum centre
The practicum module is an important and crucial component of your practice-oriented learning for course completion. Applicants must have successfully secured a practicum centre at an early childhood development centre at the point of application.
Company-sponsored applicants: Your practicum centre can be the preschool you are currently working at.
Self-sponsored applicants: Click here for a list of early childhood development centres. Please contact the centres directly to apply.
Please note that practicum for this course will begin approximately 2 - 3 weeks from course commencement date.
2. Prepare the following documents:
Image of your NRIC (front and back)
Highest formal academic qualifications (Certificates and transcripts)
Recent digital photo with a white background
- If you are currently working in a preschool:
- Employment Letter
- If you are under company sponsorship by a preschool employer:
- Company Sponsorship Declaration Form (to be completed by you and your employer, and submitted as part of your admission documents)
Have questions? Talk to us!
(Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm)
Ms Eunice Goei
Phone: 6904 2620