The Certificate in Inclusive Practice (CIP) Cluster A comprises 3 modules:
- Introduction to Early Childhood Inclusive Practice (ECIP)
This module provides students with broad understanding of the emerging and ongoing trends of inclusion; the programme philosophy of inclusion; quality of inclusion and how it differs from special needs education. Students will revisit the images of the child, the teachers and families, as perceived images will affect their roles in including children.
- Learning Differences in Children (LDIC)
This module covers behaviours, needs and strengths of children with disabilities, as they are key to identifying and applying appropriate strategies and understanding the types of support required for their learning.
- Learning Environment for Inclusive Practice (LEIP)
In this module, students will learn about the role that the learning environment plays in the successful inclusion of young children. Key areas such as classroom climate, modelling of inclusive language, and intentionality of the curriculum will be explored.
- CIP Cluster A is a Skills-Based Modular Course (SBMC) that is stackable towards the CIP full qualification. Learn more about the CIP and the corresponding SBMCs available here.
- Applicants must complete CIP Cluster A before applying for CIP Cluster B and CIP Cluster C.
- This course will be conducted via online learning until further notice.
ECDA-certified L2 preschool teachers who:
- Have been practising for at least one year; and
- Have successfully completed the Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education – Teaching (DECCE-T) or its equivalent.
<IMPORTANT> (1) Priority will be given to applicants of CIP full qualification course, sponsored by preschools that offer the Inclusive Support Programme (InSP) or other early intervention services, i.e. the Development Support – Learning Support and Development Support Plus (DS-LS and DS Plus) Programmes. (2) In addition, this is a practice-based course where there is a significant amount of discussion and facilitated peer learning. As such, applicants will need to have on-going access to children (i.e. more than 1) with additional needs.
Upon successful completion of each cluster, students will receive a statement of results (SOR). Please note that students must complete and pass all 7 modules under the Certificate in Inclusive Practice (CIP) to attain the full Certificate.
S$64.20 (inclusive of 7% GST)
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable.
Fill out your details to find out your estimated course fee!
Estimated nett course fee payable, including additional funding and GST
Note: The course fee shown is an estimate only. Course fees payable are subject to revision, funding eligibility and approval. Please contact us for details on course fees.
Open For Application Soon
Day & Time
45 hours/3 months
6.30pm to 9.30pm
- Course schedule and venue are subject to changes. NIEC reserves the right to reschedule/cancel any programme and amend information without prior notice.
- Classes will only commence if the minimum class size is met. A confirmation email will be sent to you at least 3 weeks before course commencement.
- <IMPORTANT> (1) Priority will be given to applicants sponsored by preschools that offer the Inclusive Support Programme (InSP) or other early intervention services, i.e. the Development Support – Learning Support and Development Support Plus (DS-LS and DS Plus) Programmes. (2) In addition, this is a practice-based course where there is a significant amount of discussion and facilitated peer learning. As such, applicants will need to have on-going access to children (i.e. more than 1) with additional needs.
Before You Apply
Prepare the following documents:
Image of your NRIC (front and back)
Highest formal academic qualifications (Certificates and transcripts)
Recent digital photo with a white background
- Employment Letter
- If you are under company sponsorship by a preschool employer:
- Company Sponsorship Declaration Form (to be completed by you and your employer, and submitted as part of your admission documents)
Have questions? Talk to us!
(Mon - Fri, 9am - 4pm)
Ms Oh Ling Shan
Phone: 6887 9505